Logbooked Advertising Policies
Our Advertising Policies provide guidance on what types of advert content are allowed. When advertisers place an order, each advert is reviewed against these policies. If you think that your advert was not approved by mistake, please let us know.
The advert review process
Before adverts appear on Logbooked, they're reviewed to make sure that they meet our Advertising Policies. Typically, most adverts are reviewed within 24 hours, although in some cases, it may take longer.
What we consider?
During the advert review process, we'll check your advert's images, text, targeting and positioning, in addition to the content on your advert's landing page. Your advert may not be approved if the landing page content isn't fully functional, doesn't match the product/service promoted in your advert or doesn't fully comply with our Advertising Policies.
What happens after an advert has been reviewed?
After your advert has been reviewed, you'll receive a notification letting you know whether your advert has been approved. If it's approved, we'll start running your advert, and you will be able to see your results in Adverts Manager.
Steps to take if disapproved
- Edit your advert: If your advert hasn't been approved due to not fully complying with our policies, you can edit it and resubmit it for review. To edit your advert:
- Check the email address associated with your advert account. If your advert isn't approved, we'll send you an email with details that explain why.
- Using the information in your disapproval email, you can edit your advert and create a compliant one.
- Save your edited changes. When you've saved your changes, your advert will be resubmitted for review.
- Appeal the decision: If you can't edit your advert or feel that it not being approved was a mistake, you can appeal the decision by contacting Logbooked.
Community Standards: Adverts must not violate our community standards.
Illegal products or services: Adverts must not constitute, facilitate or promote illegal products, services or activities. Adverts targeted to minors must not promote products, services or content that are inappropriate, illegal or unsafe, or that exploit, mislead or exert undue pressure on the age groups targeted.
Discriminatory practices: Ads must not discriminate or encourage discrimination against people based on personal attributes such as race, ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition.
Tobacco and related products: Ads must not promote the sale or use of tobacco products and related paraphernalia. Advertisements must not promote electronic cigarettes, vaporisers or any other products that simulate smoking.
Drugs and drug-related products: Ads must not promote the sale or use of illegal, prescription or recreational drugs.
Unsafe supplements: Adverts must not promote the sale or use of unsafe supplements, as determined by Logbooked at its sole discretion.
Weapons, ammunition or explosives: Ads must not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition or explosives. This includes ads for weapon modification accessories.
Adult products or services: Adverts must not promote the sale or use of adult products or services, unless they promote family planning and contraception. Adverts for contraceptives must focus on the contraceptive features of the product and not on sexual pleasure or sexual enhancement, and must be targeted to people aged 18 years or older.
Adult content: Ads must not contain adult content. This includes nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative. Ads that assert or imply the ability to meet someone, connect with them or view content created by them must not be positioned in a sexual way or with an intent to sexualise the person featured in the ad.
Third-party infringement: Ads must not contain content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights. To report content that you feel may infringe upon or violate your rights, please contact Logbooked.
Sensational content: Adverts must not contain shocking, sensational, disrespectful or excessively violent content.
Personal attributes: Adverts must not contain content that asserts or implies personal attributes. This includes direct or indirect assertions or implications about a person's race, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs, age, sexual orientation or practices, gender identity, disability, medical condition (including physical or mental health), financial status, membership in a trade union, criminal record or name.
Misinformation: Logbooked prohibits ads that include claims debunked by third-party fact-checkers or, in certain circumstances, claims debunked by organisations with particular expertise. Advertisers that repeatedly post information deemed to be false may have restrictions placed on their ability to advertise on Logbooked.
Controversial content: Adverts must not contain content that exploits controversial political or social issues for commercial purposes.
Non-functional landing page: Adverts must not direct people to non-functional landing pages. This includes landing page content that interferes with a person's ability to navigate away from the page.
Cheating and deceitful practices: Ads may not promote products or services that are designed to enable a user to engage in cheating or deceitful practices.
Grammar and profanity: Ads must not contain profanity or bad grammar and punctuation. Symbols, numbers and letters must be used properly, without the intention of circumventing our ad review process or other enforcement systems.
Non-existent functionality: Ads must not contain images that portray non-existent functionality. This includes imagery that replicates play buttons, notifications or checkboxes, as well as ads containing features that do not work, such as multiple-choice options in the ad creative itself.
Personal health: Ads must not contain "before-and-after" images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results. Ad content must not imply or attempt to generate negative self-perception in order to promote diet, weight loss or other health-related products.
Payday loans, payslip advances and bail bonds: Ads may not promote payday loans, payslip advances, bail bonds or any short-term loans intended to cover someone's expenses until their next payday. Short-term loan refers to a loan of 90 days or less.
Multi-level marketing: Adverts promoting income opportunities must fully describe the associated product or business model and must not promote business models offering quick compensation for little investment, including multi-level marketing opportunities.
Penny auctions: Ads may not promote penny auctions, bidding fee auctions or other similar business models.
Misleading claims: Ads must not contain deceptive, false or misleading claims such as those relating to the effectiveness or characteristics of a product or service or claims setting unrealistic expectations for users such as misleading health, employment or weight loss claims.
Low-quality or disruptive content: Ads must not contain content leading to external landing pages that provide an unexpected or disruptive experience. This includes misleading ad positioning, such as overly sensationalised headlines or prompts for users to inauthentically interact with the ad, and leading people to landing pages that contain minimal original content and a majority of unrelated or low-quality ad content.
Spyware or malware: Adverts must not contain spyware, malware or any software that results in an unexpected or deceptive experience. This includes links to sites containing these products.
Automatic animation: Ads must not contain audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a person interacting with it or expands within Logbooked after someone clicks on the advert.
Unacceptable business practices: Ads must not promote products, services, schemes or offers using deceptive or misleading practices, including those meant to scam people out of money or personal information.
Circumventing systems: Ads must not use tactics that are intended to circumvent our ad review process or other enforcement systems. This includes techniques that attempt to disguise the ad's content or destination page.
Prohibited financial products and services: Ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.
Sale of body parts: Ads must not promote the sale of human body parts or fluids.
Alcohol: Ads that promote or reference alcohol must comply with all applicable local laws, required or established industry codes, guidelines, licences and approvals, and include age and country targeting criteria consistent with Logbooked's targeting guidelines and applicable local laws. Note that ads promoting or referencing alcohol are prohibited in some countries, including, but not limited to: Afghanistan, Brunei, Bangladesh, Egypt, Gambia, Kuwait, Libya, Lithuania, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
Real money gambling: Adverts that promote or facilitate online real money gambling, real money games of skill or real money lotteries, including online real money casinos, sport books, bingo or poker, are only allowed with prior written permission. Authorised gambling, games of skill or lottery adverts must target people over the age of 18 who are in jurisdictions for which permission has been granted.
Regional lotteries: Lotteries run by government entities may advertise on Logbooked, provided that the adverts are targeted in accordance with the applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the adverts will be served and only target people in the jurisdiction in which the lottery is available.
Online pharmacies: Adverts must not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals. Adverts for online and offline pharmacies are only permitted with prior written permission.
Promotion of over-the-counter medicines: Ads that promote over-the-counter medicines must comply with all applicable local laws, required or established industry codes, guidelines, licences and approvals, and include age and country targeting criteria consistent with applicable local laws.
Subscription services: Adverts for subscription services or that promote products or services that include negative options, automatic renewal, free-to-pay conversion billing products or mobile marketing are subject to our subscription services requirements.
Financial and insurance products and services: Ads promoting credit card applications or financial services with accredited institutions must clearly provide sufficient disclosure regarding associated fees, including APR percentages, transaction fees, interest rates and the physical address of the entity offering the product within the ad's landing page. Ads promoting credit cards, loans or insurance services must be targeted to people aged 18 or above. Ads promoting credit cards, loans or insurance services must not directly request the input of a person's financial information, including credit card information.
Branded content: Ads promoting branded content must tag the featured third-party product, brand or business partner using the branded content tool. Branded content within ads is defined as a creator or publisher's content that features or is influenced by a business partner for an exchange of value. When promoting branded content integrations, advertisers must use the branded content tool.
Ads about social issues, elections or politics: Advertisers can run ads about social issues, elections or politics, provided that the advertiser complies with all applicable laws and the authorisation process required by Logbooked. Where appropriate, Logbooked may restrict issue, electoral or political ads.
Disclaimers for ads about social issues, elections or politics: If Logbooked's ad authorisation process is available in your country, in addition to complying with the Community Standards and Advertising Policies, the disclaimer you submit for your ad about social issues, elections or politics must comply with the following guidelines. This information is provided by you during the ad authorisation process and will be displayed on your ad's header.
Cryptocurrency products and services: Ads may not promote cryptocurrency trading or related products and services without prior permission.
Weight loss products and plans: Ads marketed at or for weight loss must be targeted to people aged 18 years or older.
Video ads and other dynamic ad types must comply with all of the rules listed in these Advertising Policies, including the Community Standards, as well as the policies below:
- Disruptive content: Videos and other similar advert types must not use overly disruptive tactics, such as flashing screens.
- Entertainment-related restrictions: Adverts for film trailers, TV programmes, video game trailers and other similar content intended for mature audiences are only allowed with prior written permission from Logbooked and must target people who are aged 18 years or older. Excessive depictions of the following content within these adverts are not allowed:
- Drug and alcohol use
- Adult content
- Violence and gore
- You must not use targeting options to discriminate against, harass, provoke or disparage users, or to engage in predatory advertising practices.
- If you target your adverts to Custom Audiences, you must comply with the applicable terms when creating an audience.
- Relevance: All advert components, including any text, images or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the advert.
- Accuracy: Adverts must clearly represent the company, product, service or brand that is being advertised.
- Related landing pages: The products and services promoted in an ad's text must match those promoted on the landing page, and the destination site must not offer or link to any prohibited product or service.
Text in ad images
Excessive text in ad images may result in your ad reaching fewer people or not running at all. Try to use little or no image text when possible.
Advertisers must not create lead adverts questions to request the following types of information without our prior written permission.
Account numbers: Adverts must not request account numbers, including frequent flyer numbers, loyalty card numbers or cable or telephone account numbers, without our prior permission.
Criminal history: Adverts must not request information regarding criminal or arrest history without our prior permission.
Financial information: Adverts must not request financial information, including bank account numbers, bank routing numbers, credit or debit card numbers, credit scores, income, net worth or how much debt someone has, without our prior permission.
Government-issued identifiers: Ads must not request government-issued identifiers, including National Insurance numbers, passport numbers or driving licence numbers, without our prior permission.
Health information: Adverts must not request health information, including information on physical health, mental health, medical treatments, medical conditions or disabilities, without our prior permission.
Insurance information: Adverts must not request insurance information, including current insurance policy numbers, without our prior permission.
Political affiliation: Ads must not request information regarding political affiliation.
Race or ethnicity: Adverts must not request information regarding the race or ethnicity without our prior permission.
Religion: Adverts must not request information regarding religion or philosophical beliefs without our prior permission.
Sexual orientation: Adverts must not request information regarding sexual orientation or information about the sexual life of the individual, including what gender(s) the person prefers to date, without our prior permission.
Template questions: Adverts must not request the same or substantially similar information that you could use a template question to request.
Trade union membership: Adverts must not request information regarding trade union membership status without our prior permission.
Usernames or passwords: Adverts must not request usernames or passwords, including usernames and passwords for existing and new accounts, without our prior permission. If you want to direct people to sign up for an account with your site or service, you should use the Clicks to Website or Website Conversions objective when you run your adverts.
Use of our brand assets
For ads that feature the Logbooked brands please refer to the Logbooked Brand Resource Centre to review brand guidelines and download approved assets.
Brand endorsement: Adverts must not imply a Logbooked endorsement or partnership of any kind, or an endorsement by any other Logbooked Company
Brand usage in ads: Ads linking to Logbooked or Instagram-branded content (including Pages, groups, events or sites that use Logbooked Login) may make limited reference to "Logbooked" in ad text for the purpose of clarifying the destination of the ad. Ads should not represent the Logbooked brand in a way that makes it the most distinctive or prominent feature of the creative. Logbooked brand assets should not be modified in any way, such as by changing the design or colour, or for the purpose of special effects or animation.
Copyrights and trademarks: All other ads and landing pages must not use our copyrights, trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by the Logbooked Brand Resource Centre or with our prior written permission.
User interface screenshots: When featuring the Logbooked User Interface (UI) in an ad, it must accurately depict how the UI currently appears and functions in product. If an action or functionality depicted cannot happen in the current product or within the current UI, it cannot appear to happen in an ad. Depictions of the UI in ads must be featured within the context of a relevant device (e.g. mobile or desktop) and as permitted by the Logbooked Brand Guidelines. The UI cannot be modified in any way, including, but not limited to: adding special effects, interference or animation. Glyphs or elements of the UI cannot be used separately or individually.
Data use restrictions
Ensure that any advert data collected, received or derived from your Logbooked advert ("Logbooked advertising data") is only shared with someone acting on your behalf, such as your service provider. You are responsible for ensuring that your service providers protect any Logbooked advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit their use of all of this information, and keep it confidential and secure.
Don't use Logbooked advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers' campaigns or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorised by Logbooked) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of your Logbooked advertising campaigns.
Don't use Logbooked advertising data, including the targeting criteria for your advert, to build, append to, edit, influence or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifiers that identify any particular user, browser, computer or device.
Don't transfer any Logbooked advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate or derived data) to any advertising network, advert exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetisation-related service.
Things you should know
The Advertising Policies apply to:
- adverts and commercial content served by or purchased through Logbooked, on or off the Logbooked services, including adverts purchased under AAAA/IAB Standard Terms and Conditions
- adverts appearing within apps on Logbooked
Your use of Logbooked's advertising products and services is part of "Logbooked" under Logbooked's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities and is subject to the SRR. You may be subject to additional terms or guidelines if you use Instagram or certain Logbooked advertising-related products or services.
Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including the cancellation of adverts you have placed and termination of your account.
We do not use sensitive personal data for advert targeting. Topics you choose for targeting your advert don't reflect the personal beliefs, characteristics or values of the people who use Logbooked.
Once displayed, ads are public information. Ads may be reshared and accessed outside the targeted audience, including from the Logbooked Page running the ads or within Logbooked Products. If users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain on Logbooked products (for example, shared until the users delete it or visible to users through their account tools). If your ad is a political ad, it will be displayed in our Ad Archive. This means that Logbooked may display (at no cost to you) and provide access to the ad content and creative, as well as information about the ad campaign (such as total spend and delivery data) for a period of seven (7) years from the completion of your order. Logbooked may disclose your advertising content, and all information associated with your advertising, to a governmental entity or body if Logbooked believes that disclosure would assist in a lawful investigation.
If you are managing ads on behalf of other advertisers, each advertiser or client must be managed through separate ad accounts. You must not change the advertiser or client associated with an established ad account; set up a new account. You are responsible for ensuring that each advertiser complies with these Advertising Policies.
We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests or advertising philosophy.
For policies that require prior written permission, Logbooked or a Logbooked company may grant these permissions.
These policies are subject to change at any time without notice.
Self-Serve Ad Terms
The following terms (the "Self-Serve Advertising Terms" or "Self-Serve Ad Terms") apply to your use of Logbooked Products (such as the self-service advertising interfaces and APIs) for creation, submission and/or delivery of any advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content (collectively, the "Self-Serve Ad Interfaces") and any order you place through the Self-Serve Ad Interfaces ("Order").
You can target your desired audience by buying ads to be delivered on Logbooked, our publisher network or any place where we serve ads.
When you place an Order, you will tell us the type of advertising you want to buy, the amount you want to spend and your bid. If we accept your Order, we will deliver your ads as inventory becomes available. When serving your ad, we use our best efforts to deliver the ads to the audience you specify or to achieve the outcome you select, although we cannot guarantee in every instance that your ad will reach its intended target or achieve the outcome you select.
Your ads must comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, as well as our Advertising Policies. Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including the cancellation of ads that you have placed and termination of your account.
We may reject or remove any ad for any reason.
You will pay for your Orders in accordance with the following:
- You will comply with our Community Payment Terms to the extent applicable;
- You will pay all amounts specified in each Order you place, along with any applicable taxes. The amount you owe for each Order will be calculated based on our tracking mechanisms.
- By placing an Order, you authorise us to obtain your personal and/or business credit report from a credit bureau, either when you place an Order or at any time thereafter.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your advertising account, and you understand that you will be charged for any Orders placed on or through your advertising account.
- If you are making direct debit payments, you agree that we can charge you any amount that falls within the range that you agreed to upon sign-up. We will notify you in advance if any charge will exceed the agreed-upon range.
- You can cancel an Order at any time, but your ads may run for 24 hours after you notify us, and you are still responsible for paying for all ads that run.
- The amounts that we charge you may be subject to and include applicable taxes and levies, including without limitation withholding taxes. You are responsible for bearing and remitting any taxes that apply to your transactions. You will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claim arising out of your failure to do so.
- If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may take additional steps to collect past due amounts. You will pay all expenses associated with such collection, including reasonable legal fees. Past due amounts will accrue interest at 1% per month or the lawful maximum, whichever is less.
- We may allow you to purchase ads with an "Advertiser Balance", which is a pre-paid balance that can be used solely to purchase ads on Logbooked. Advertiser Balances are only for business or commercial purposes. Advertiser Balances are non-refundable except where required by law. Logbooked is not a bank and does not offer banking services; accordingly, Advertiser Balances do not earn interest, are not deposit obligations and are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Financial Services Compensation Scheme or any other entity or insurance scheme, whether governmental or private.
- You will fall under one of two categories depending on your payment method: invoiced or non-invoiced client. Invoiced clients are those to whom Logbooked extends a credit line and issues invoices on a periodic basis for payment in accordance with the applicable invoicing terms. Non-invoiced clients are those who make payments at the time of purchase itself. In its sole discretion, Logbooked may classify clients as invoiced clients based on factors such as ad spend and creditworthiness.
From time to time, we need to test improvements to our audiences and delivery systems, which could impact your advertising. Our testing is designed to improve the effectiveness of your advertising performance. We reserve the right to test when we believe it will be beneficial for advertiser performance.
We will determine the size, placement and positioning of your ads.
Scheduling of delivery is subject to availability and may not be continuous.
We do not guarantee the reach or performance that your ads will receive, such as the number of people who will see your ads or the number of clicks your ads will get.
We cannot control how clicks are generated on your ads. We have systems that attempt to detect and filter certain click activity, but we are not responsible for click fraud, technological issues or other potentially invalid click activity that may affect the cost of running ads.
Our licence to deliver your ad will end when we have completed your Order. You understand, however, that:
- Once displayed, ads are public information. Ads may be reshared and accessed outside of the targeted audience (including from the Logbooked Page running the ads or within Logbooked Products). If users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain on our Products (g. shared until the users delete it or visible to users through their account tools).
- If your ad is a Political ad, Logbooked may display (at no cost to you) and provide access to the ad content and creative, and information about the ad campaign (such as total spend and delivery data) for a period of seven (7) years from the completion of your order.
- You consent that Logbooked may disclose your advertising content, and all information associated with your advertising, to a governmental entity or body if Logbooked believes that disclosure would assist in a lawful investigation.
We will provide you with reports about the kinds of people seeing your ads and how your ads are performing. Your use of these reports is subject to the Data Use Restrictions in our Advertising Policies.
We offer tools to provide transparency to our users about how Logbooked advertising works, including information sufficient to show them why they are being shown specific ads. You agree that information associated with your advertising may be included in these tools.
You will not issue any press release or make public statements about your relationship with Logbooked or the Logbooked Products without our prior written permission.
If you are placing ads on someone else's behalf, you must have permission to place those ads, and agree as follows:
- You represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind the advertiser to these Self-Serve Ad Terms and the Terms of Service, including the Commercial Terms.
- If the advertiser you represent breaches these Self-Serve Ad Terms or the Terms of Service, including the Commercial Terms, we may hold you responsible for that breach.
- You agree that we may provide campaign reporting information to the end advertiser for whom you placed a campaign.
We may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your use of a specific feature or functionality made available through the Self-Serve Ad Interfaces. To the extent that those supplemental terms conflict with these Self-Serve Ad Terms, the supplemental terms will govern with respect to your use of the specific feature or functionality to the extent of the conflict. We may change or update these Self-Serve Ad Terms from time to time and your continued use of the Self-Serve Ad Interfaces constitutes acceptance of those changes. If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the Uk, Logbookeded Ltd. contracts with you under these Self-Serve Ad Terms, except that advertisers in some countries may under certain circumstances contract directly with Logbooked affiliate companies solely for purposes of ordering ads. These Self-Serve Ad Terms will terminate in the event of any termination of the Terms of Service.